Re: [LARTC] more than 1 Line - but not with FreeS/WAN

Hi Julian,

It looks like your patch is not compatible with FreeS/WAN's (1.92) patches.
Or at least in trying to compile a 2.2.20 kernel, it works fine with yours,
but then adding FreeS/WAN leads to errors. Word has it that FreeS/WAN 1.92
normally works with 2.2.20, but haven't verified that by experiment. Guess
it makes sense that you'd both be getting into some of the same sections of
kernel code.

I'm not saying this is something you should fix - I'm not all that impressed
with FreeS/WAN as an implementation (actually the commercial IPSec
implementations I've tested are also pretty flakey - hope that protocol
grows up some day). Just wanted to note to folks that there seems to be an
incompatibility here. In the long run, encrypted communications and good
redundant routing are both vital services.

Whit
@transpect.com