[LARTC] Trying to do something like the "nice" command, but applied to network traffic

Hello, i'm quite new to using QoS. I'm trying do to something like what the
nice command do, but instead of processes, i'd like to manage bandwidth (of
course)

I saw examples in the Howto, describing what to do do divide bandwith, for
instance in two parts :

Considering a total bandwidth of 10Mb/s :

2mb is reserved to one interface
8mb is reserved to second interface.

Both are marked "bounded"

Later in the howto, is explained how to let the first interface (which is
limited to 2mb/s) to use some of the second interface's bandwidth (which is
limited to 8mb/s).. It looks good.. But what I didn't understand is :

If the interface which is limited to 2Mb/s uses bandwidth of the other
interface, where is the 2Mb/s limitation ??

Is the bandwidth "borrowed" only if the 8Mb/s limited interface does not use
the total of 8 Mb/s ? If it's the case, it's just what I intend to do. If
not, can you explain me what does it do?

I hope I was not too long, and was clear enough!

Thanks for your help!

Centaure