Re: [LARTC] I need some advice.

Thanks fore your answer

I'll try to resol the pic problem, next time.

> > Hi, take a look at this
> >
> >  TOPOLOGY:
>
> [wow, that pic got screwed up badly... try to think of a linewidth of 78
>  chars at the most]
>
> >  The linux box should do:
> >     - act as Router
> >     - NAT 1,2,3,4. In NATs segment I may have public IP (202.1.1.15)
> >     - Traffic control from 32kb to 512kb based on IP address
> >
> >  Each NAT will have in the future about 100-200 hosts.
>
> >  NOTE: this is for a wireless network so maybe the switch could be
> >  replaced for some wireless cards on the linux box.
>
> > I DONT WANT YOU TO DO IT FORE ME !!! Just need to know:
> >
> > if it is possible to do it with iproute2?
>
> No. Not with *only* iproute2. However, iproute2 in combination with
> Linux 2.4 (the kernel...) and iptables *does* make it possible.

thanks for this, I'm reading all about packet filtering rigth know !!

> > if there are some problems or recomandations I must have to take.
>
> NAT has a bit of a problem with certain protocols such as FTP. These are
> mostly handled by the kernel, but there may be cases with new or custom
> protocols that are not handled yet. You ought to be aware of that.
> Furthermore, IPsec AH-mode does not work with NAT. IPsec ESP-mode does,
> fortunately.

Yes I new about the NAT problem, now what about masquerading?
I can't find any diference, but there must be, or there the same thing?
does masquerading have the same problem? I think so.
know what do you refer or meen with IPsec AH-mode and IPsec ESP-mode?

> Doei, Arthur.
>
> --
>   /\    / |      arthurvl@xxxxxxxxxx      | Work like you don't need the money
>  /__\  /  | A friend is someone with whom | Love like you have never been hurt
> /    \/__ | you can dare to be yourself   | Dance like there's nobody watching

                Can I drink something first to erase temporary my memory?