[LARTC] How to mark and queue

Hello!

I would like to set up a machine to introduce random (but controllable)
dropping of packets that are being forwarded.  I also need to classify the
traffic because I want some traffic shaping.  The obvious solution is to
QUEUE packets to user level and if they are ACCEPTed, put a MARK
(--set-mark) on them for classifying.  This would seem logical:

iptables -A FORWARD -j QUEUE -j MARK

Of course, it is not possible.  How do I do this than?  That is, how to do
it without using two identical rules, one with QUEUE action and another
with MARK action which does not seem to be a nice solution.

Thanks!
Josip