Re: [LARTC] How to mark and queue

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 10:15:28AM +0200, Josip Gracin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I would like to set up a machine to introduce random (but controllable)
> dropping of packets that are being forwarded.  I also need to classify the

Try to make a u32 match on a part of the header that changes a lot. I
suspect the IP packet id would be a good candidate, but you need to make
sure that resends of the same packet do get through. If you match, route to
loopback.

> traffic because I want some traffic shaping.  The obvious solution is to
> QUEUE packets to user level and if they are ACCEPTed, put a MARK
> (--set-mark) on them for classifying.  This would seem logical:
>
> iptables -A FORWARD -j QUEUE -j MARK
>
> Of course, it is not possible.  How do I do this than?  That is, how to do
> it without using two identical rules, one with QUEUE action and another
> with MARK action which does not seem to be a nice solution.

Try asking the netfilter mailinglist.

Regards,

bert hubert

--
PowerDNS                     Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People