[LARTC] API using cbq / tc ?

On Monday 10 February 2003 02:58, mingching.tiew@redtone.com wrote:
> Cool. As an MRTG idiot, I am going to ask this question,
> why can't it provide realtime stats ? You mean MRTG
> does not chart real time graphs ?
Mrtg is not designed for that.  Mrtg uses rrdtool to generate the graphs.
You give the rrdtool each 5 minutes a number.  This number is stored in a rrd
file.  And you can generate a graph with the data in the rrd file.

So it's for long-term graphing.  If you want to do real time graphing, you
need new data each second.  And you need to generate the graph on the client
side so you don't need to load each second a new graph from the server.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"