[LARTC] API using cbq / tc ?

On Sunday 09 February 2003 04:45, Ming-Ching Tiew wrote:
> Haha life is a trade off between want you actually
> want and what you actually get. I like the java
> approach too but it will take me donky years
> to complete the same functionalities, and you might
> say it is due to my incompetencies. LOL
:)
But I like the freedom.  You can do something, I can do something, and we are
al happy.  But I hope mine solution will be better :)  (without competion
there is no innovation)

> There are other considerations which I have consider
> too. Small footprint is a No 1 item here. The
> floppy-based firewall/nat router can't house a
> http server anyway, so a small footprint daemon
> is needed. Eventually you are talking about something
> like a MRTG approach where the daemon collecs raw
> data and handle over to MRTG on  another computer
> for html data processing/presentation.
>
> If anyone like this approach, he could enhance the
> fwstat.pl (based aleady in the package )to provide
> qdisc/class traffic to MRTG. Feel free and do it !
I already did.  But that gives only longterm statistics.  For real time
statistics, you need the data directly from the router.

I prefer a cross-platform solution.  Even if it means that you loose some
functionality.  It's possible that VB is better/handier then java, but I go
for java.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org