[LARTC] Secure / Redundant router configuration

Hi all,

Has anyone configued a Linux Router in a secure / redundant
configuration ?
By this I mean a dual (or more) boxen router, using multiple multiple
connections on both sides of the router, so that if hardware failures
strike the impact on the users is minimised.

In particular, I'm interested how load sharing can be configured for
when all the hardware is working, ie normal state.

Also anyone used LARTC to set up a 'mesh' type configuration for sharing

Internet connections with a wireless based network.
I am interested in how several internet connections can be connected
to a wireless mesh using LARTC.

We are looking to implement this in our local 'remote' community.
The Internet feeds will be from 10MB wireless bridges located in
several locations (local schools) several miles apart.
Wireless bridges and access points will then be used to distribute
the Internet connectivity over a radius of several miles.
LARTC may then be used top provide a level of QoS to all users
(approx 2000 house in total) of the network using bandwidth
sharing/allocation and queuing based on IP address and traffic.
Anyone done anything similar and willing to share experiences ?

Any pointers/suggestions please ?

Many thanks.
John Cushnie