[LARTC] Measuring throughput

On Thursday 06 February 2003 21:41, Esteban Ribicic wrote:
> Another way may be using iptables accounting..for example:
>
> iptables -N udp-out
> iptables -A udp-out -j accept
>
> iptables -N udp-in
> iptables -A udp-in -j accept
>
> iptables -A input -p udp -j udp-in
> iptables -A output -p udp -j udp-out
>
> you can see this with:
> iptables -L -n -v -x
>
> ..i have some perl scripts to show that in graphs (rrdtool, gnuplot,
> etc)...
I also have some scripts.  They are integrated in a bigger set of scripts.
You can download it from www.docum.org on the gui page.
If you are interested in the rrd scripts, you need the get_snmp.pl : it
updates the rrd files and the tcrrd.pl script : it generates the graphics on
the fly in a web browser.  The get_snmp.pl creates also a html page to view
the graph.  Maybe you can use these scripts as an example to create your own.
I started with the larrd extension for BigBrother (bb4.com).  I used the
larrd.pl script as an example to create my own set of scripts.  Once you know
how it works, it's easy to graph whatever you want.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"