[LARTC] Measuring throughput

Another way may be using iptables accounting..for example:

iptables -N udp-out
iptables -A udp-out -j accept

iptables -N udp-in
iptables -A udp-in -j accept

iptables -A input -p udp -j udp-in
iptables -A output -p udp -j udp-out

you can see this with:
iptables -L -n -v -x

..i have some perl scripts to show that in graphs (rrdtool, gnuplot,
etc)...

saludos
Esteban.