Re: "Fan-in/fan-out" tc filters?

> I'd like to do that to make sure that the system overall favours
> interactive traffic before "bulk". Games and other latency-dependant
> traffic types must perform the best on the cost of ftp-download or similar.
>
> Attaching pfifo_fast, PRIO or triple (low/medium/high priorities) HTB
> qdiscs to the root is easy but it seems that it is impossible to attach
> /one/ WRR afterwards.
What do you mean with WRR?  Weighted Round Robin?  Or the wrr qdisc?

If you want to improve latency for certain traffic, you can create 2 htb
classes.  One with a lower prio parameter to get low latency and an other
class with all other traffic.
To give each pc on the network the same opportunity to send something, create
100 sub classes with parent=second class.  To get fairness / pc, you can add
a sfq to each class.  You can do the same for the low prio class.  If you
don't care about fairness / pc, you can add 1 esfq qdisc instead of the 100
sub classes.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org