Re: ingress qdisc on kernel 2.2.21 with ds8 patch

	Hello,

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Andrei Boros wrote:

>  I tried to control the ingress traffic with the ingress qdisc with no
> success whatsoever.
>  I got 2.2.21 kernel and installed the ds8 patch to have the ingress
> qdisc too.

	You probably have to apply more fixes to be sure something
will not break. I just uploaded some fixes for the 2.2 code as
it appears nobody have the time to deal with it:

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/~julian/#qos-2.2

	To all: if there is a good place for such fixes please let
me know.

>  Recompiled, installed kernel and modules.
>  Recompiled tc with diffserv=y.
>
>  I tried a setup very similar to the example Edge2:

	Not "very similar" :) The bug is exactly in the
differences :)

	mark here is in decimal (may be can be hex with 0x20):

> ipchains -A input -p tcp -d 0/0 20 --mark 20
> ipchains -A input -p tcp -d 0/0 21 --mark 20
>
> tc qdisc add dev eth0 handle ffff: ingress

	"handle 20" here is in hex:

> tc filter add dev eth0 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 50 handle 20 fw
> police rate 256kbit burst 25k mtu 1.5k drop flowid :1

	if you somewhere use fwmark in ip rules, the fwmark
there is again in hex. Make sure all values match according
to their representation, i.e. 20 in dec is different from
20 in hex.

>  If anyone has any suggestions, they are most welcome.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg>