Re: [Linux Diffserv] Re: [LARTC] ingress qdisc on kernel 2.2.21 withds8 patch

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Julian Anastasov wrote:

> 	Hello,
>
> On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Andrei Boros wrote:
>
> >  I tried to control the ingress traffic with the ingress qdisc with no
> > success whatsoever.
> >  I got 2.2.21 kernel and installed the ds8 patch to have the ingress
> > qdisc too.
>
> 	You probably have to apply more fixes to be sure something
> will not break. I just uploaded some fixes for the 2.2 code as
> it appears nobody have the time to deal with it:

Werner and I did announce (about 2 years ago if i am not mistaken) that
we will not be backporting features fixes etc to 2.2 and were hoping to
encourage people to upgrade this way.

> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/~julian/#qos-2.2
>
> 	To all: if there is a good place for such fixes please let
> me know.

Honestly dont remember these patches -- maybe the time lag.
BTW, what is the motivatein behind:
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/~julian/01_ingress-breaks-fw-1.diff

> >  Recompiled, installed kernel and modules.
> >  Recompiled tc with diffserv=y.
> > tc qdisc add dev eth0 handle ffff: ingress
>
> 	"handle 20" here is in hex:

Is this true with the mark target in iptables?
Bert should probably document this in his HOWTO.

cheers,
jamal