Re: ingress qdisc on kernel 2.2.21 with ds8 patch

Julian Anastasov wrote:

>         You probably have to apply more fixes to be sure something
> will not break. I just uploaded some fixes for the 2.2 code as
> it appears nobody have the time to deal with it:
>
> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/~julian/#qos-2.2

I'll try them asap.

>         To all: if there is a good place for such fixes please let
> me know.
>
> >  Recompiled, installed kernel and modules.
> >  Recompiled tc with diffserv=y.
> >
> >  I tried a setup very similar to the example Edge2:
>
>         Not "very similar" :) The bug is exactly in the
> differences :)

I also tried filtering using the u32 match ip dport ... same result.
I even tried u32 match ip (anything ip), same result.

>         mark here is in decimal (may be can be hex with 0x20):
>
> > ipchains -A input -p tcp -d 0/0 20 --mark 20
> > ipchains -A input -p tcp -d 0/0 21 --mark 20
> >
> > tc qdisc add dev eth0 handle ffff: ingress
>
>         "handle 20" here is in hex:
>
> > tc filter add dev eth0 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 50 handle 20 fw
> > police rate 256kbit burst 25k mtu 1.5k drop flowid :1
>
>         if you somewhere use fwmark in ip rules, the fwmark
> there is again in hex. Make sure all values match according
> to their representation, i.e. 20 in dec is different from
> 20 in hex.

Sorry. However, I don't know of any place where these differences are
explained clearly.

--
ing. Andrei Boros
mailto:andrei@srr.ro / +40-1-303-1870