Load balancing

I am trying to figure out how to do this: I've tried the howto but just become
hopelessly confused.  (I don' think this is a problem in the howto, it's a problem
with my comprehension.)

Anyway, here's the scenario:

Internal         Linux Router/           4 - T1 circuits to               Another
Networks         Firewall                   the Internet                Internet circuit
   |                  |   |   |    |              |       |       |       |                 |
  +-----------------+  |   |    +------------+------+------+------+---------------+
    --------------------+   |
    ------------------------+

There are really three internal networks for various departments.  The router/firewall
will have 4 NICs.

For one of the internal departments, I want the router to load-balance outbound
packets among those 4 T1 circuits, which will be connected to Cisco (I think)
routers.  I want the other departments to all share that other Internet circuit.

And I need the ability to change this policy at will, so I can let other departments
use the combined T1s as needed.

I think I can figure out how to route based on the source network, that all makes
sense in the how-to.  I can set up different routing tables based on the source IP
address/network.  It's the load balancing that is making me crazy - how do I put
together a load-balancing mechanism for those combined T1s that makes sense?

Any advice or pointers?

thanks

- Greg Scott