Re: Load balancing

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 05:06:36PM -0500, Greg Scott wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how to do this: I've tried the howto but just become
> hopelessly confused.  (I don' think this is a problem in the howto, it's a problem
> with my comprehension.)

What you want is hard in general.

> And I need the ability to change this policy at will, so I can let other departments
> use the combined T1s as needed.

Incoming or outgoing? Outgoing is pretty easy - just make policy rules to
route traffic from different department differently, and use TEQL to
distribute outgoing traffic.

> I think I can figure out how to route based on the source network, that all makes
> sense in the how-to.  I can set up different routing tables based on the source IP
> address/network.  It's the load balancing that is making me crazy - how do I put
> together a load-balancing mechanism for those combined T1s that makes sense?

TEQL is probably your best bet. There is also the nano-howto by Julian
Anastasov.

Regards,

bert

--