[LARTC] Routing with two providers

Arthur van Leeuwen wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Martin Ferrari - Decidir IT wrote:
>
>Yes, Julian's patches do have an influence on multipath routing. They make
>it quite a bit nicer to use in the case of interfaces going down and coming
>back up again, which can and does happen. They also make multipath routing
>and masquerading play even nicer with each other, although I haven't seen
>problems on stock kernels with that. May very well be that the tests I've
>done have been on networks with highly active but not highly demanding i
>users, thereby making sure the route cache stays up to date enough...
>don't really know.
>
>Doei, Arthur.

The only problem that I have had with Julian's patches is interoperation
with FreeS/WAN.  I am still not able to make that work, although I
haven't worked on it in awhile.  The last I remember is that with the
patches applied, the moment FreeS/WAN starts, all network traffic goes
out the ipsec0 interface instead of continuing to be routed via eth0 (or
whichever interface).  This happens without a tunnel brought up.  And
for some reason, I was not able to assign a metric to the route using
either the 'route' command or 'ip route'.

--
Jason A. Pattie
pattieja@pcxperience.com