[LARTC] Routing with two providers

	Hello,

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Jason A. Pattie wrote:

> The only problem that I have had with Julian's patches is interoperation
> with FreeS/WAN.  I am still not able to make that work, although I
> haven't worked on it in awhile.  The last I remember is that with the
> patches applied, the moment FreeS/WAN starts, all network traffic goes
> out the ipsec0 interface instead of continuing to be routed via eth0 (or
> whichever interface).  This happens without a tunnel brought up.  And

	Hm. IIRC, the default updown script in FreeSWAN creates
routes with the "route" utility. That means they are
"from all to remote_net via XXX dev ipsecX". FreeSWAN is ready
for this, it just forwards the gw->gw traffic via the configured
nexthop without encryption, so it looks like it is not related to
the route patches. Is that correct?

> for some reason, I was not able to assign a metric to the route using
> either the 'route' command or 'ip route'.

	If you try to add different metric to the different
alternative routes this is not possible by design. All alternative
routes have same metric value. This is the difference between
"ip route add" and "ip route append".

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg>