[LARTC] First post, first problem

Hi

I've searched the archives for this and doesnt seem to be any message with
this problem. Im trying to optimize a high load CBQ server using u32
hashes as in
http://lartc.org/HOWTO//cvs/2.4routing/output/2.4routing-12.html#ss12.4

Although Ive double checked the kernel options, and also other u32 filters
work very well, when I try this line I get an error:

/sbin/tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 prio 5 handle 2: u32 divisor 256
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

I am currently using a 2.4.9-21SGI_XFS_1.0.2 kernel version.

Are this hashes supported only in a newer kernel version?

Thanks

Mihai RUSU

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of any company,
unless otherwise specifically stated.