[LARTC] Two ADSL Lines either ECMP or BGP?

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 04:49:08PM -0800, Chris Murray wrote:

> I am looking at TEQL on the advice of Marc. I am just trying to see if
> it can provide the failover as well as the aggregation of bandwidth.

You need to define a definition of 'working' for your two ADSL lines. You
may find that the device may be up and that you can ping the other side, and
still have no connectivity to the internet. The kernel can't really figure
out for you if a link is 'working' in this aspect.

Your best bet is to define a cron script that pings hosts which are known to
be up. If one of your links has, say, 3 times more packetloss than the other
one, you may consider that link 'down' and reroute.

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com          Versatile DNS Software & Services