[LARTC] u32 filters dont appear to work

On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 04:11:59PM +0000, Mark Beck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using example 15.8 from the HOWTO.
>
> http://ds9a.nl/lartc/HOWTO//cvs/2.4routing/output/2.4routing-15.html#ss15.8
>
> I have some concerns and a number of easy questions.
>
> 1. How do I list the configuration used?  (I have included the script below
> that was used).

tc -s qdisc ls is the best you can do.

> 2. How do I backup the configuration - where is it stored?

That is up to you to decide. I have it in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/shaper.

> 3. From the example I thought all traffic is going to 1:20 and we manually
> direct some traffic to 1:10 (TCP ACK's, ICMP, TOS 0x10 and UDP).  Below we
> can see queue 10 and not 20 is receiving my FTP upload.  The FTP is the
> only main processes uploading.  Can some one please explain whats going on.

Can you tcpdump -v -s 1500 when you are uploading?

Otherwise, try figuring out which 'tc filter add' statement is sending your
ftp traffic to 1:10. Just delete tc filter statements from the script until
you see ftp go to 1:20.

Please let me know - I'm very interested in bug reports.

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com          Versatile DNS Software & Services