[LARTC] Two ADSL Lines either ECMP or BGP?

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 10:40:29AM -0800, Chris Murray wrote:

> I am trying to find a Linux based solution for one of my clients, I want
> to bond two adsl lines into one, with redundancy (if one fails the other
> does all the work).

Some questions that would put this in better focus for some of us:

1. Are both lines from the same provider?

2. Are you trying to have both lines involved in _individual_ transactions,
or just distribute transactions over the two lines?

3. Do you have a Class C or better for each line?

4. What protocols are you primarily trying to serve? In what direction?

You can certainly do what you want to do, more or less, and get answers here
on how, but we need to know more about what you have and what the particular
results you need in the solution are.

Whit