Re: [User Question] How to create a backup of an LVM based maschine without wasting space

Am 15.10.2012 05:06, schrieb Javier Guerra Giraldez:
On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Lukas Laukamp <lukas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have backed up the data within the machine with partimage and fsarchiver.
But it would be greate to have a better way than doing this over a live
system.
make no mistake, the absolutely best way is from within the VM.  It's
the most consistent, safe and efficient method.

Doing it "from the outside" is attractive, but it's a hack, and in
some cases you have to jump through several hoops to make it safe.

Because of the fact that this is a "problem" I bootet the VM with a live cd and made a backup of the important filesystems with the live system which runs inside the VM.

Best Regards