Re: [User Question] How to create a backup of an LVM based maschine without wasting space

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Lukas Laukamp <lukas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have backed up the data within the machine with partimage and fsarchiver.
> But it would be greate to have a better way than doing this over a live
> system.

make no mistake, the absolutely best way is from within the VM.  It's
the most consistent, safe and efficient method.

Doing it "from the outside" is attractive, but it's a hack, and in
some cases you have to jump through several hoops to make it safe.

--
Javier