Re: kvm troubles

Hi,

>On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 2:50 AM, Michael Tokarev <mjt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Michael Tokarev ?????:
>> Divick Kishore wrote:
> By the way, it's no more risk when you grab any other software
> and run it on your machines.  Like for example kvm from official
> sources (and compile it) -- did you check for trojan horses and
> the like in the source?

No I do not really check for any trojan horses or anything but I was
being curious that debian must be having some policy for maintenance /
distribution of packages. If not how can the debian community prevent
spread of malicious software, if any?

>> As of the error you've got -- you're the first to report it, apparently
>> no one else noticed that it depends on a single package that is not in
>> lenny -- it's libgnutls26.  You can install this library from -testing
>> or wait till I re-upload new version to www.corpit.ru.

That sounds little strange to me. I thought that since Virtualization
support is now common place on AMD/ Intel processors as well as most
decent motherboards, I expected lot of debian users to be using qemu +
kvm combination for virtualization. I found that with kvm enabled,
qemu is at least 10x faster (perceived :) ).Though I can't really say
without benchmarking if there was a real difference between qemu +
kqemu & qemu + kvm performance.

Aren't many people using kvm + qemu for h/w acceleration of
virtualization? If yes, do you know why is that the case, given it is
such a useful combination?

> Uploaded, still 0.11.0 - I have no time right now to update to 0.11.1
> or 0.12 (and the latter is quite unstable anyway).  But 0.11.0 is a
> good version.
>
> Grab
> qemu-kvm_0.11.0+dfsg-1tls2_amd64.deb or
> qemu-kvm_0.11.0+dfsg-1tls2_i386.deb
> depending on your arch.

Thanks a zillion, now I am able to install this package easily and it
seems to work fine for me.

Thanks again,
Regards,
Divick