Re: kvm troubles

Divick Kishore wrote:
>> Also I am not sure that as such packages __should__ not be downloaded
>> from any unknown site but only from trusted debian mirrors. Am I not
>> open to any security issues in case I install the package downloaded
>> from www.corpit.ru?
>
> Or in fact downloaded from any other site pointed out by someone on
> the mailing list. Why should / should not trust packages downloaded
> from non standard debian mirrors?

Well, it's your choice really.

I maintained kvm (and later qemu-kvm) package for debian for a long
time because the one in debian is too old to be usable.  It was a long
way before I was able to communicate with debian maintainer, and now
I co-maintain it -- there is qemu-kvm-0.11.1 in -testing now, but it
depends on many other libraries in -testing.  For over a year kvm in
debian was unusable - so much for trusted/standard mirrors.

As of the error you've got -- you're the first to report it, apparently
no one else noticed that it depends on a single package that is not in
lenny -- it's libgnutls26.  You can install this library from -testing
or wait till I re-upload new version to www.corpit.ru.

/mjt