Re: kvm troubles

Divick Kishore wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> package name is qemu-kvm, executable name is just kvm. (see packages file
>> list: dpkg -L qemu-kvm). do remove qemu.
>
> I don't see any executable by the name kvm. See the output of dpkg -L
> qemu-kvm and dpkg -L  kvm-kmod. But I do see an executable by the name
> qemu-system-x86_64 and I am trying to use the same to run an OS image.
> I have even tried to uninstall qemu from my system and then also I see
> the same crash as listed in the earlier post.
>
> dpkg -L qemu-kvm
> /.
> /usr
> /usr/share
> /usr/share/doc
> /usr/share/doc/qemu-kvm
> /usr/share/doc/qemu-kvm/Changelog
> /usr/share/doc/qemu-kvm/LICENSE
> /usr/share/doc/qemu-kvm/COPYING
> /usr/share/doc/qemu-kvm/TODO
> /usr/share/doc/qemu-kvm/README
> /usr/share/doc/qemu-kvm/VERSION
> /usr/share/doc/qemu-kvm/COPYING.LIB
> /usr/local
> /usr/local/share
> /usr/local/share/man
> /usr/local/share/man/man8

Where you got this package from?
It is not from www.corpit.ru for sure -- no of the
packages there contains /usr/local.  It's built
differently, to the point where it's impossible to
get files in improper place.

Please show me `dpkg -s qemu-kvm'.

[]
> /usr/local/bin/qemu-system-x86_64

That's the thing, but in my package it gets renamed
to kvm and placed to /usr/bin.

/mjt