Re: sync guest calls made async on host - SQLite performance

I understand.  However the test itself is fairly trivial
representation of a single teir high-transactional load system.  (Ie:
a system that is logging a large number of events).

The phoronix test suite simply hands over to a binary using sqlite and
does 25000 sequential inserts.  The overhead of the suite would be
measured in milliseconds at the start and end.  Over the life of the
test (100-2500 seconds), it becomes insignificant noise.

As I said, the relevant system calls itself for the running of the
test are expressed as

    write
    write
    write
    fdatasync

The writes are typically small (5-100) bytes.

With that information, I believe the method of execution is mostly
irrelevant.  If people are still concerned, I can write a trivial
application that should reproduce the behaviour.

It still ultimately comes down to the guests expected semantics of
fdatasync, and the actual behaviour relative to the hosts physical
device.  I am not saying that the currentl behaviour is wrong, I just
want a clear understanding of what is expected by the kvm team vs what
we are seeing.

Regards... Matthew

--
Sent from my mobile device