Re: sync guest calls made async on host - SQLite performance

The benchmark used was the sqlite subtest in the phoronix test suite.

My awareness and involvement is beyond "reading a magazine article", I can elaborate if needed, but I don't believe it is necessary.

Process for reproduction, assuming Karmic,

	# apt-get install phoronix-test-suite

        $ phoronix-test-suite benchmark sqlite

Answer the questions (test-names, etc, etc), it will download sqlite, build it and execute the test. By default the test runs three timesand averages the results. The results experienced should be similar to the values identified at

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux_2631_kvm&num=3

Which is approximately 12 minutes for the native, and about 60 seconds for the guest.

Given that the performance under the guest is expected to be around 60 seconds, I would suggest confirming performance there first.

Regards,

Matthew