Re: sync guest calls made async on host - SQLite performance

Matthew Tippett wrote:
I have created a launchpad bug against qemu-kvm in Ubuntu.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qemu-kvm/+bug/437473

Just re-iterating, my concern isn't so much performance, but integrity of stock KVM configurations with server or other workloads that expect sync fileIO requests to be honored and synchronous to the underlying physical disk.

(That and ensuring that sanity reigns where a benchmark doesn't show a guest operating 10 times faster than a host for the same test :).

And I've closed it. In the future, please actually reproduce a bug before filing it. Reading it on a website doesn't mean it's true :-)

Regards,

Anthony Liguori