Re: vhost net: performance with ping benchmark

Avi Kivity wrote:
I think this is likely going to be needed regardless. I also think the tap compatibility suggestion would simplify the consumption of this in userspace.

What about veth pairs?

Does veth support GSO and checksum offload?

I'd like some time to look at get_state/set_state ioctl()s along with dirty tracking support. It's a much better model for live migration IMHO.

My preference is ring proxying. Not we'll need ring proxying (or at least event proxying) for non-MSI guests.

I avoided suggested ring proxying because I didn't want to suggest that merging should be contingent on it.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori