Re: qemu-kvm broken after ./configure --disable-kvm

Jan Kiszka wrote:

That could (and probably should - independent of in-tree headers) be
caught by making all KVM_CAPs mandatory, ie. check for the latest and
greatest ones during configure and drop all the #ifdefs from the code.
Not with out-of-tree headers.  qemu-kvm-0.10.x ought to build against
Linux 2.6.27, kvm-kmod-2.6.30, and kvm-91.

Making all KVM_CAPs mandatory only works if we carry the headers with qemu.

If we continue to carry our own headers, the #ifdefs are pointless.

Yes.

If
we don't, the configure checks should issue an overview on all the
features that will be missing and give a hint how to resolve this
(kvm-kmod...).

Some features are optional (and we try to make most features optional so as not to force users to upgrade).