Re: [kvm-ia64-devel] IRQ assignment

Xu, Anthony wrote:
Jes Sorensen wrote:
Hi Anthony,

I think option 2 is an obvious no-go solution. We can use 1 on the
short term, but for the longer term we definately need more than two
interrupts shared between the devices. I can very well imagine
situations where we want to have bigger setups so two virtual
interrupts even though they are just virtual, will completely kill
the system.
I think doing some surgery to qemu here is unavoidable - I'll
volunteer to shake Avi and Anthony Liguori until they give in :-)

Yes, I also prefer option 1.
Acctually , avi has agreed to do "surgery" for qemu to reduce interrupt
sharing.
He suggest kvm/ia64 use 48 pin virtual IOAPIC, while kvm/x86 use 24 pin
virtual IOAPIC,
I think it's acceptabled for both side.

The long term solution will be to have a machine description configuration file. This will allow ia64 and i386 to have different ACPI tables. Be cautious about doing too much "surgery" at this point unless it fits into that model.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Best Regards
Anthony