Re: [kvmarm-user] how to run multiple guest on kvm-arm

Hi

I could successfully run host on kvm on fast model simulator for cortex-a15, but when I tried to boot the guest, there is no boot messages coming, instead it says scheduling for restart and the login prompt for host appears again. What I assumed before , is that it was a guest that prompted for login. But later found out that it is host which is appearing again. There is no booting happening after I issue the qemu command for the guest.

What could be the problem? Is there any screenshot available to see and verify , how it looks after booting a guest?
Your advices will be really helpful for me . I was following the instructions given in the below link to pdf.

http://www.virtualopensystems.com/media/kvm-resources/kvm-arm-guide.pdf

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Christoffer Dall <c.dall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 3:29 AM, Jessica Allison
<jessica.allison.2012@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 22:36:06 -0400
>> From: c.dall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> To: adhyas@xxxxxxxxx
>> CC: mabeljoy@xxxxxxxx; kvmarm-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; kvmarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Subject: Re: [kvmarm-user] how to run multiple guest on kvm-arm
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 9:53 PM, Adhyas Avasthi <adhyas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Christoffer
>> >
>> > I asked this question several months back as well, but there was no
>> > solution to what I was looking for.
>> > Are we now at a state where I can boot into ARM and/or x86 guests on
>> > an ARM SoC platform ?
>> > If so, which ARM based SoCs should I use for such prototyping ?
>> >
>> Hi Adhyas,
>>
>> there are some early rev silicon solutions out there, but it's not
>> really available broadly on the commercial market yet. They are named
>> things like Versatile Express TC1/2 and omap5 - if you can get one of
>> those, you can run kvm/arm on there.
>
> I didn't know that OMAP5 is already out there available for purchase?
> The VE board is quite a big investment considering it doesn't have a GPU or any sort of multimedia support.

I said these devices are *not* broadly available on the commercial market yet.

--
Regards
Mabel