Re: unable to boot guest on kvm arm with fast model for cortex-a15

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 12:05 PM, mabel mary joy <mabeljoy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I could successfully run host on kvm on fast model simulator for cortex-a15,
> but when I tried to boot the guest, there is no boot messages coming,
> instead it says scheduling for restart and the login prompt for host appears
> again. What I assumed before , is that it was a guest that prompted for
> login. But later found out that it is host which is appearing again. There
> is no booting happening after I issue the qemu command for the guest.
>
> the log message I see on telnet is
>
> "process '/sbin/getty -L ttySA0 38400 vt100' (pid 775) exited. Scheduling
> for restart.
> starting pid 781, tty '': '/sbin/getty -L ttySA0 38400 vt100' "
>
> What could be the problem? Is there any screenshot available to see and
> verify , how it looks after booting a guest?
> Your advices will be really helpful for me . I was following the
> instructions given in the below link to pdf. Is this problem already
> reported and is there a known solution?
> Any help would be really appreciated.
>
> http://www.virtualopensystems.com/media/kvm-resources/kvm-arm-guide.pdf

I expect that probably QEMU exits because it uses the wrong API. Make
sure you use these branches of the repositories:

https://github.com/virtualopensystems/linux-kvm-arm
branch: kvm-arm-master

https://github.com/virtualopensystems/qemu
branch: kvm-arm

I will make sure the pdf guide gets updated asap.

-Christoffer