Re: unable to boot guest on kvm arm with fast model for cortex-a15

Hi

I tried downloads from the same repository , but still the same error while booting the guest.
I also tried various combinations of host, qemu and guest (binary from repository as well as the self compiled from sources), but it is all the same error while booting the guest.
What could be the problem? I am using Ubuntu 11.04 (64 bit) and was closely following the instructions in the pdf guide.

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Christoffer Dall <c.dall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 12:05 PM, mabel mary joy <mabeljoy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I could successfully run host on kvm on fast model simulator for cortex-a15,
> but when I tried to boot the guest, there is no boot messages coming,
> instead it says scheduling for restart and the login prompt for host appears
> again. What I assumed before , is that it was a guest that prompted for
> login. But later found out that it is host which is appearing again. There
> is no booting happening after I issue the qemu command for the guest.
>
> the log message I see on telnet is
>
> "process '/sbin/getty -L ttySA0 38400 vt100' (pid 775) exited. Scheduling
> for restart.
> starting pid 781, tty '': '/sbin/getty -L ttySA0 38400 vt100' "
>
> What could be the problem? Is there any screenshot available to see and
> verify , how it looks after booting a guest?
> Your advices will be really helpful for me . I was following the
> instructions given in the below link to pdf. Is this problem already
> reported and is there a known solution?
> Any help would be really appreciated.
>
> http://www.virtualopensystems.com/media/kvm-resources/kvm-arm-guide.pdf

I expect that probably QEMU exits because it uses the wrong API. Make
sure you use these branches of the repositories:

https://github.com/virtualopensystems/linux-kvm-arm
branch: kvm-arm-master

https://github.com/virtualopensystems/qemu
branch: kvm-arm

I will make sure the pdf guide gets updated asap.

-Christoffer

--
Regards
Mabel