Re: After updating to Debian 11, many problem in KDE

Am 17.10.2023 um 12:09 schrieb René J.V. Bertin:
> On Tuesday October 17 2023 09:31:09 Luca Bertoncello wrote:
>
> \>It appears a little window from startkde with the message "startkde:
>> Could not start ksmserver. Check your installation."
>>
>> Unfortunately I couldn't find any other detailled error.
>
> *Something* launches `startkde`. On my legacy KUbuntu system that's `upstart`, and this keeps a logfile that contains all the terminal output of applications launched through the GUI. I don't know what service Debian 11 uses to bootstrap the desktop environment but my bet is that it must leave a logfile somewhere.
>
> If not, there is always the possibility to rename the ksmserver binary to ksmserver.bin (or something like that) and put a shell script at its place that launches this renamed binary and redirects all output to file.

So, I tried with the wrapper.
And ksmserver crashed. In the log I see, the problem was by starting a
program to recover the last KDE session. The program crashed and
ksmserver crashed, too.

I reconfigured KDE to always start with an empty session, which is
better for me (don't ask why it wasn't configured already so...).
Let's see, if it will work better...

Regards
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert@xxxxxxxxxxx)