Re: Another strange problem after updating to Debian 11

Am 17.10.2023 um 13:35 schrieb René J.V. Bertin:
> On Tuesday October 17 2023 12:48:45 Luca Bertoncello wrote:
>
>> Any suggestion?
>
> Change to Devuan ... that's Debian but without the systemd contraption (I'm not claiming that's the culprit, it's just an additional few layers of complexity plus it may be the reason why you can't find relevant logfiles). Devuan Chimaera is Debian 11.

So, I found the solution...

Since I defined an own profile in konsole, for some strange reason,
after the update to Debian 11, in the console there are *two* profile
types for new window and my profile has the shortcut with "Esc Esc"...
Of course I didn't set this, but no problem.

I removed the shortcut in the profile manager of konsole, and now the
Esc-Key works as expected.

Since it seems *not* to be documented, I write here how to set or remove
a shortcut for a profile in konsole (since I use KDE in German, I'm not
100% sure of the name of the menus...):

1) open konsole
2) in the menu "Settings", choose "Profile manager"
3) there are at least one profile. The list has two columns: name and
shortcut
4) click on the shortcut and delete the data to remove the shortcut
  __OR__
   click on the empty shortcut and give a new one
5) click OK and close the window
6) restart konsole
7) done... ;)

Regards