Re: After updating to Debian 11, many problem in KDE

On Tuesday October 17 2023 09:31:09 Luca Bertoncello wrote:

\>It appears a little window from startkde with the message "startkde:
>Could not start ksmserver. Check your installation."
>
>Unfortunately I couldn't find any other detailled error.

*Something* launches `startkde`. On my legacy KUbuntu system that's `upstart`, and this keeps a logfile that contains all the terminal output of applications launched through the GUI. I don't know what service Debian 11 uses to bootstrap the desktop environment but my bet is that it must leave a logfile somewhere.

If not, there is always the possibility to rename the ksmserver binary to ksmserver.bin (or something like that) and put a shell script at its place that launches this renamed binary and redirects all output to file.

But have you checked if ksmserver exists on your system and that `ksmserver --help` executes OK?

R.