Re: Automatic PSK wifi on boot

On Sunday February 26 2023 09:00:04 Dave Close wrote:

>It's possible that the problem stems from the KDE wallet. I haven't
>set it up and find it annoying that it seems to be required.

You could try setting up only the local wallet. It not storing the password rings a bell for me though, and that never happens when I select the "allow for all users" option.

The password is stored elsewhere, presumably in some secure storage managed by the NM and changes are made via a privileged helper launched by the KDE Daemon (kded). That one isn't running when you're not logged in, nor is the KDE wallet daemon, which means a KDE wallet cannot be required for connecting to a WiFi network at boot...