Re: Automatic PSK wifi on boot

On Saturday February 25 2023 22:22:38 Dave Close wrote:

>in. I want the connection to come up automatically on boot. The trick
>seems to be, where do I put the password so NM can see it? And what
>other settings have to be there so it even tries to see it?

Are you going through KDE's interface to NM, whatever `kde-nm-connection-editor` is called nowadays? I usually launch that via the wrench icon in the top-right corner of the network connection drop-down menu.

I think the trick you're looking for is to indicate that "all users may connect to this network" (in the "General Configuration" tab when you edit a given connection).
I've learned that automatic connection to a WiFi network is wonky if you don't select that option, but I have done nothing particular otherwise and for me WiFi connects automatically at some point during the boot process.

(NB: the terms above are based on Plasma4.)