Re: Can KWin prevent windows from raising themselves from their v.desktop to the current v.desktop?

On 12/16/22 13:25, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
On Friday December 16 2022 04:20:50 Duncan wrote:

Of course besides being confusing it's just harder to clearly explain in a
short form similar to the above choices, and it'd certainly be the most
esoteric choice, so I can't really blame them for losing it, but it's
still lost behavior that some people might miss...

What's confusing about it? It just means "don't change desktops unless the user really wants it". Or, call the option "don't change desktops" and leave it to change the desktop via one of the actions designated for that particular purpose. It'd be debatable in that case whether clicking on a window representation in the panel could be included *)

What I am seeing on older versions is that the desktop is not switched,
the window appears in the taskbar (which is set to only show windows in
the current desktop) and suggests me to click there to switch desktop
and reach the activated window.
This is perfect, because it doesn't interrupt your "sequence of link clicks",
but gives you a fast way to reach the browser when you want to.
It looked to me very smart and well thought.

So this is now gone away?

Regards.

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it