Re: Can KWin prevent windows from raising themselves from their v.desktop to the current v.desktop?

René J.V. Bertin posted on Thu, 15 Dec 2022 14:21:36 +0100 as excerpted:

> Firefox 109 has a new trick up its sleeve: opening an URL from, say,
> KMail cause the FF window that will host the new tab to raise itself (as
> before)
> AND now also to switch to the current virtual desktop.
>
> I don't want that; is there a way to disallow this behaviour in KWin? (I
> haven't found ...).

Punting ATM as I'm dealing with another live-git bug (klipper popup
throwing plasmashell into and endless loop and crash, restarting
plasmshell only loops/crashes again, going to try clearing klipper
history...).  In the mean time...

I saw that go into git (I run live-git kde and follow many of the
component git logs) and IIRC yes, there's an option for it, but I've got
my hands full ATM and can't go looking...  Will try to post a followup in
a few minutes to a few days, depending on how badly my current bug
continues to bite.