Can KWin prevent windows from raising themselves from their v.desktop to the current v.desktop?

Hi,

Firefox 109 has a new trick up its sleeve: opening an URL from, say, KMail cause the FF window that will host the new tab to raise itself (as before) AND now also to switch to the current virtual desktop.

I don't want that; is there a way to disallow this behaviour in KWin? (I haven't found ...). At least I assume that KWin is the application that handles the virtual desktops and either way I'd like to restrict window/desktop changes to KWin.

Thanks,
R.