Re: Can KWin prevent windows from raising themselves from their v.desktop to the current v.desktop?

On Monday December 19 2022 06:56:56 Duncan wrote:

<taking-your-word-it-wasn't-bragging-snipped :p>

Was there an answer to my question in that essay (about the version range where KWin had a setting to control raising behaviour)?

>But low-Q or not, old computer backing up the fancy if low-q display or
>not, how many have such a display "wall" at all?  That's /something/.  And
>it /does/ change the way you work.

I also have a Macbook with a big enough external display and even there I wouldn't want to have to work around the fact that a window supposed to be on another virtual desktop might come cover the window I'm working in, be it as a result of something I just did or of some automatic behaviour. That rig runs OS X (sic, because that's what the version in question was called) and desktop-hopping isn't an issue there.

Because that's the thing: windows can be raised for multiple reasons, direct user request being just one of them (albeit a priori the most frequent one). AFAIK websites can ask that their window be raised, for instance.

R.