Re: Fwd: Your account has been deactivated

On Mon, 2022-10-24 at 15:37 +0100, Paul Dann wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Oct 2022 at 11:16, Norbert Zawodsky <norbert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > Am 24.10.22 11:02 schrieb René J.V. Bertin:
> >
> > > I hate 2FA as it incites too much to remain logged in (and to be
> > > married to a mobile if not recent enough smartphone).
> > >

> The same thing just happened to me. I use KeePassXC already, which
> has OTP support. It's pretty much 3 clicks to add a 2FA token, and
> it's a desktop app. I happen to sync it with the mobile app via
> NextCloud, but it's certainly not required.
>
> 2FA really is not hard to set up, and significantly reduces identity
> theft. I get that it's not convenient for everyone, but it's a 10min
> up-front investment to get something like KeePassXC set up to handle
> all this simply.
>
> Paul

It's not just about setting it up, I only got 2 days warning about
this, and I'm in a bit of a crunch to setup a proper client on my
mobile device right now. I also can't find a thing for OTP in
KeepassXC, and I keep 2 copies of my clients in an ugly manner between
my desktop and laptop so I'd rather do mobile, but there may be times
where my mobile device _breaks_ or something, so I don't always like
storing such things on mobile...

I don't really think the execution of this was done well. I am
confident enough with a pretty secure password generated with
KeepassXC, to not think I need 2FA this instant.