Re: slow graphics when laptop display is disabled

On Tuesday May 12 2020 03:11:04 test wrote:

>I'm not sure if that's easier ---

The server is launched with no or maybe a single option; it doesn't get much easier than that.

>and why shouldn't I use the second monitor
>which I have around anyway.

The usually-annoying thing with VNC is that you actually control the remote screen. So yeah, in your case you could just look at that screen ;)

(That said, I discovered that tigervnc's viewer connects in a novel-to-me way to my Mac's builtin VNC server and actually allows me to start a remote session as a different user. I haven't yet checked if that session also takes over the "console"; my machines are in different places.)

>Anyway, someone suggested a software called "barrier".  I tried it yesterday,
>and works great: https://github.com/debauchee/barrier.git
>
>It's one of the softwares everyone should know about ...

Looks like a very interesting bit of software indeed. Pity they don't provide a (free) app for my iPhone! :)

R.