Re: kbuildsycoca:

Taylor Byrnes wrote:

[root@Snapafun frank]# Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 22626, errno = 0

This appears to be an actual error that you should look into.

<>
I get one of those everytime I exit Konqueror (Mandrake 10.0 Offical,
Mandrake provided KDE) and have no problems with Konqueror. But I
agree its a good idea to look into.

Thanks folks, greatly appreciated and I will continue to try to get this resolved.

In the meanwhile I have found this and care to know as to what symlink is involved.

<snip>
Running it as root won't fix the control center for your regular user account. Try running the kbuildsycoca command as the regular user you are signed in as after you make the symlink as root. Good luck.
<end snip>

Any ideas?

--
Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213