Re: [RFC 5/7] drm/i915: Move gen and platform mask to runtime device info

On 13/11/2018 11:48, Tvrtko Ursulin wrote:

On 13/11/2018 11:30, Jani Nikula wrote:
On Mon, 12 Nov 2018, Tvrtko Ursulin <tvrtko.ursulin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Tvrtko Ursulin <tvrtko.ursulin@xxxxxxxxx>

It is more space efficient to store these two at the runtime copy since
both are trivially derived from the static data.

Any consideration for potential future config option for reduced number
of supported device infos, and compiler optimization on const gen?

I of all people should have remember that detail!

Remembered... but actually.. AFAIR the Kconfig platform/gen selection worked on the IS_xxx macro level so that would still work. It wasn't able to compile time optimize against the runtime device info copy anyway. So I think this does not interfere. Will keep it in mind.

Regards,

Tvrtko