Re: Is it possible to migrate a single mailbox from cyrus 3.4.3 to 3.6.0~beta2-1 storage?

On Sat, 26 Mar 2022, at 4:21 AM, Andy Dorman wrote:

> Hmmmmm.  Nothing is happening.  I have run relocate_by_id several times
> trying different variations of the mailbox name with nothing happening
> that I can see.  No errors, mailboxes moved or crashes indicated either
> in syslog or the command line.

That's curious.  What does mbpath say about your account?  Is it already in uuid storage, perhaps?

> I also tried running the command as root with the same results.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not.  I believe you should generally run cyrus commands as the cyrus user (perhaps with "sudo -u cyrus ...").  If the command happens to create new files and you ran it as root, the file ownership would be wrong and the rest of cyrus might not be able to see it.  Though in this case it sounds like it didn't do anything anyway, so hopefully it hasn't created any new problems for you!

Cheers,

ellie